These coilovers are developed to give a combined solution to all the problems regarding the ae86 front struts and rear damper+spring combination.
Usual problems/modifications: stroke and strut length reduction for strut casing, necessity to use roll center adjuster blocks as strut unit extension to the bottom of the strut to correct lower control arm angle, stub axle flexing and bending causing damage to outer bearing and disc to caliper contact grinding under high lateral loads (unsolvable, using stock strut casing), small piston twintube insert type dampers with not really great performance (unsolvable, using stock strut casing)
Instead of the old way of modifying oem struts and patching up the problems separately (which are even possible to solve), replace the whole suspension units with these that were designed from the ground up to do the job correctly and with the lowest weight!
- custom spring rates from 6-10kg/mm for the front and 4.5-8kg/mm for the rear
- tender springs for increased traction, better comfort by introducing droop to the othervise hard main springs and also to eliminate loose main springs when the car is lifted.
- adjustable height
- true rear coilover setup
- adjustable stub axle position for easy geometry correction. ride height can be reduced without change in suspension geometry up to -60mm and further by damper stroke reduction / winding down the lower spring perch.
- no need for RCA or NCRCA anymore. with this system you must not use any kind of roll center adjuster.
- adjustable static camber up to -3° on stub axle mounting, eliminating the need and drawbacks of offset roll center adjuster (NCRCA) to gain static camber and better front traction in drifting.
- fully machined billet strong/thick stub axle to reduce flexing to minimum
- top spring plate with tapered roller bearing for smooth steering
- reduced overall and unsprung weight over standard coilover builds
- infinitely adjustable, quick lock wheel bearing adjuster nut
- monotube damper design with 45mm diameter pistons and Bilstein valving. Damping rates are calculated to the average ae86 weight of 1000kg
- top adjustable dampers
- fully threaded body for later spring changes
- urethane bushings
- *this kit increases scrub radius by 13mm